How to import your contacts to iPhone
What is new:
– you can import contacts with groups (e.g. “Family”, “Friends” and so on);
– you can organize contacts into groups: create/delete groups, assign contacts to groups (with mass select);
– mass delete contacts (for example if you imported them incorrectly);
– delete contacts by swiping (no need to go into each contact, switch to edit …);
– sending mass SMS or e-mails (select multiple contacts or all contacts by easy tapping);
– make call or send sms to individual contact;
– correct handling of address book permissions: app will ask for the permissions;
– import of all phones labels correctly (phone/fax 2,3,4).
Have added description of how to import your contacts from Excel table to iPhone. Details are here
I saw some complains about app crashing after pressing “Next” after selecting encoding. The most probable reason is that values in CSV file are not included in quotes. According to CSV standard (RFC 4180) “Each field may or may not be enclosed in double”. Some programs which create CSV file always include fields in quotes, some dont. I checked for Samsung PC Studio and LG PC Suite and they do include all values (even empty) in double quotes. When CSV is created from Excel file, field is included in quotes only if Excel cell contains characters like comma or quote.
So I corrected the app so it can handle CSV files with or without quotes. I submitted update for approval by Apple on 24th of August, so hopefully they will approve it soon.